Sunday, October 11, 2009

At the beach

This morning instead of my normal Sunday lie-in I decided I would take advantage of the moderate Westerly wind and head to the beach.

I arrived at the beach just after sunrise, and had a reasonable session, although the waves were a little too huge for me. For the first time I was riding a little in my bad direction.

I can't wait until I'm out with some of the more experienced guys again, 'cause I'll be looking for some advice, and also its a little scary being out there on your own. If you lose your board, or get into any sort of trouble, you have no help, so I was being cautious, staying within my depth at all times etc. What I really need to do at this stage is start off out beyond the breaking waves, so I have more uninterrupted water to practice in. The problem with that further out, better water is that it is so much more dangerous.

Out of the water and packed up for just after 9am, driving back across the beach I spotted Alan, who is one of the other regulars. Spoke briefly, and left him to it, apparently he had a good session too. Can't wait until next time!

No comments: