Monday, July 19, 2004

The Hole(2001) [SPOILERS]

[SPOILERS] Last night I watched The Hole (2001) for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. I was captivated from start to finish, although about half way through I was a little concerned it was going to end up in some bizarre dream, or something else which I wouldn't understand. However, it didn't!

It started by portraying the lead character as an innocent victim, and set out a base storyline and background of how things should have been. Thora Birch plays Elizabeth Dunn, a seemingly innocent schoolgirl, caught in a trap by her long time friend As the film progresses we learn more of her true character as evil and manipulative.

It's usually nice to see the bad guy get away with it, but I didn't feel the usual sense of satisfaction with this film. Still well worth a watch!

No comments: