Tuesday, December 30, 2003

High Fidelity

Hmmm, this is a strange one. I don't think I would recommend it, but it's better than nothing. Nice dialog at the start about music:

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands, of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or, was I miserable because I listened to pop music? -Rob Gordon (High Fidelity)

Different kind of film, but just didn't do enough for me.


[High Fidelity (2000) Stephen Frears, John Cusack, Iben Hjejle, Todd Louiso, Jack Black, Lisa Bonet, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Joan Cusack, Tim Robbins, Chris Rehmann ]

No comments: