Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A long drive

Today was the first day at work in Boca Raton, and we decided that tomorrow we would meet in the facility in Orlando.

This is a fairly straightforward journey, with only a little complexity at either end, the middle part being all on one road. When I got onto that one road, my sat nav told me in its best American accent : "Continue for one hundred eighty two miles"

When I got less than 1/3 of that distance I decided it was time for a detour, so I headed out to Jensen Beach, which took me through some great Florida scenary. It is generally very urbanised, but in a strange way, that it's all flat, with a lot of waterways. See my detour here : http://tinyurl.com/yost9h

I also got to catch a nice sunset on the way.




P.S. It isn't nearly as nice as this everywhere, I did a lot of miles to see these nice sights. More often its just cars and buildings.

No comments: