Monday, July 02, 2007

Central Park

The upside of all these travel delays including last nights is that I get to spend some time in New York.

Today we went back to the Manhattan area, and used the subway to go to Central Park. We only had a short time, so we walked around part of it, near the South end of the reservoir, and the great lawn.

Later I took a bus tour, which I was assured would take up my remaining two hours. The tour went around downtown Manhattan with a running commentary of all the various buildings of interes.

It was certainly interesting, until we got about 3/4 of the way around, and I discovered that I had about 30 minutes to get back to the train station. I was at a stop on 48th street, and the bus was about to go north. I had to make it back to the station on 32nd street, so I decided to get off the tour bus and walk/run to the station. I made it there in about 15 minutes! Actually a little too early as the platform hadn't been announced. So I got some water to quench my thirst, and waited for the train. After a few minutes I was on the train, managed to get a seat today, and soon I was back at the hotel.

The hotel bus took me directly to Terminal 3, where I used the automated checkin as I had no suitcase to check in. Now its just a waiting game to see if :
a) my plane goes on time
b) my plane goes at all!


No comments: