Monday, November 11, 2019

Immersun MyImmersun ImmerLINK now working!

We had a power cut this morning, and when I got home my Immersun unit was not working. It displayed "Radio Resets xxx" where xxx was a slowly incrementing number. No problem, I'll turn it off and on again.... nope, that didnt work.

I thought that someone has surely had this issue before, and began googling, but to no avail. People had had it, but no one offered any great solutions.

Long story short, I figured out that if I powered the unit on while holding the 'x' button, it did a soft reset, and powered up properly.

I had bought a second hand MyImmersun unit a while back, but was unsuccessful at getting it connected up. However, as part of my googling I found this page (https://www.marshflattsfarm.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=4154) which filled the missing piece of the puzzle, the cloud IP, which had to be set to 62.30.9.158

I had actually completely given up at getting it connected, and even put it away, but I got it out again, and set the cloud IP. The next step was to try to log on, I'd been unsuccessful at that too, as the "register" page on http://www.myimmersun.co.uk/ seems broken. So I downloaded the android app, and managed to sign up on there, and all of a sudden I can see how my house is performing, solar, hot water tank, import and export. Now I just need to wait for some actual sunshine to see it really performing.

Power cut, and broken Immersun unit prompted the best thing that happened today!

4 comments:

Marsh Flatts Farm said...

Many thanks for the tip about holding down the X button while powering on Simon. My unit was also stuck at Radio Presets after a (self-imposed) power cut and I thought it had failed.

I wrote the content at marshflattsfarm.org.uk so pleased to hear that helped you out. I will add the tip about Radio Presets and the X button there too.

David

Richard Scarth said...

Thank you for the Radio Rests error message help by pressing X during power up. My Immersun has worked faultlessly for over 10 years. The reset worked fine.

Intruiqued as to why this fault should now.

Unknown said...

Your fix saved me from hours of pain.....Still can't connect to iLInk (or App), but at least it's working again.

Marsh Flatts Farm said...

Hi Mary.

Your immerSUN unit won't be wired directly to your Inverter so turning that off won't help. There is normally an isolator switch near to the hot water tank, originally used for manual control of the immersion heater (before you had the immerSUN fitted) that the immerSUN will have been wired into.

Alternatively, check for a circuit breaker labelled Immersion Heater, Water Heater or similar in your Consumer Unit (Fuse Box).

The IP address won't vary based on your location so use the same setting as others have advised - though I don't expect forcing a reset will make it forget the previous IP address.

David