Thursday, September 07, 2006

Lunacy!

Anyone who knows me will be aware that I will point a camera at anything. Usually the results are poor, but I compensate by taking loads of photos.

Tonight I decided the moon would be a suitable subject, given its recent popularity. After many overexposed shots, and noting my clear lack of a camera suitable for these types of shots, I managed to get this shot, which I have to say is poor, but nevertheless much better than I expected.

Anyhoo, thanks to AF for the pointers that led to me standing outside, freezing waiting for the cloud to clear!

File EXIF information (for anyone vaguely interested :)

Filename : Moon 06 Sept 2006 077.jpg
JFIF_APP1 : Exif
Main Information
Make : KONICA MINOLTA CAMERA,Inc.
Model : DiMAGE G400
Orientation : left-hand side
XResolution : 72/1
YResolution : 72/1
ResolutionUnit : Inch
YCbCrPositioning : centered
ExifInfoOffset : 166
Sub Information
ExposureTime : 1/400Sec
FNumber : F8.3
ISOSpeedRatings : 200
ExifVersion : 0220
DateTimeOriginal : 2006:09:06 23:35:50
DateTimeDigitized : 2006:09:06 23:35:50
ComponentConfiguration : YCbCr
CompressedBitsPerPixel : 34/10 (bit/pixel)
BrightnessValue : EV7.8
ExposureBiasValue : EV-2.0
MaxApertureValue : F2.8
MeteringMode : CenterWeightedAverage
LightSource : Unidentified
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 16.80(mm)
MakerNote : Unknown Format :
688Bytes (Offset:664)
FlashPixVersion : 0100
ColorSpace : sRGB
ExifImageWidth : 2272
ExifImageHeight : 1704
ExifInteroperabilityOffset : 4624
CustomRendered : Normal process
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Auto
DigitalZoomRatio : 0/10
FocalLength(35mm) : 102(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
GainControl : None
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal
Sharpness : Normal
SubjectDistanceRange : Distant view


1 comment:

That Hideous Man said...

Still I wouldn't have though that this particular photo would cause your average werewolf too many sleepless nights...